free html hit counter Hunch - John Battelle's Search Blog

11 thoughts on “Hunch

1. jenkins says:

hate to say it but you’ve got this all wrong. this is not been a good launch for Hunch because all too often the reaction is the same: people feel that it’s an odd idea and a little too gimmicky to be taken seriously. That is my impression and, if you read the comments on Techcrunch, the same way that many have reacted.

2. I thing only time will prove and show us if it was a good lunch or not.

3. remmy says:

Hunch will likely fail or morph into something else because no one is ever going to make a serious decision based on this silly tool. Sad but true.

4. As it currently operates, Hunch is about the second-most stupid idea to come out of the search engine industry (after Google’s PageRank nonsense).

Who in their right mind would allow a computer to make decisions for them?

5. jenkins says:

Totally agree with michael which is why this is dead on arrival.

6. kristian schwartz says:

considering all of the questions it asked me, i could have done the research on my own and come to the same conclusion. i was asked what 25 questions total to be told i should by a hybrid.

7. Kiam Choo says:

It works fine for subjective type questions, but not so well when some hard logic could inform the reasoning process. This puts it in the same market as Aardvark, see: http://kiamchoo.wordpress.com/2009/06/17/hunch-the-ultimate-web-2-0-search-engine/

8. Blake Newman says:

Hunch’s rival, http://www.LetSimonDecide.com, seems to be having a good launch – probably because expectations are lower.

9. sikiş says:

I raise is held in a specific account that my teammates and I can use to directly fund programs to support pediatric oncology patients and their families. Last year I raised over $80,000 and our team raised a total of $135,000. This year we’ve expanded the team and hope to break $150,000.

10. Had a quick go, seemed to be ok, will be watching it further, especially as i have an indecisive girlfriend, will recommend it to her and see if she improves :-) Matt.

11. sikiş says:

I thing only time will prove and show us if it was a good lunch or not.