free html hit counter WTF's With the Silence, Battelle? | John Battelle's Search Blog

WTF’s With the Silence, Battelle?

By - February 22, 2012

As you grow older, you learn a few things. One of them is to actually take the time you’ve alloted for vacation. So while the whole Google/Microsoft/Apple privacy who-haa is going down this week, as are any number of other noteworthy news stories, I’m going to stay on the sidelines and focus on skiing with my family. Back at it, to the extent I can be at it while attending TED, next week.

There’s much to be said, for sure. But time only makes the saying of it that much better, I believe.

10 thoughts on “WTF’s With the Silence, Battelle?

1. Anonymous says:

John you set yourself as a great example, for us workaholics, on blogging about not blogging this week. Enjoy your vacation – you deserve it.

2. Marieg says:

You’ve been one of most honest, altruistic “geeks” imho so I am looking forward to you confronting these issues head on. Marie

3. DaveLorenzini says:

As e.b. white so eloquently said:    “If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”

Like it or not, Tahoe snowpack this year has made it easier to dig in and change the world a bit more…glad you found some snow.

• Anonymous says:

Very well said.
      Mammoth has a bit more of the white stuff…..but it’s melting quickly. Anyone who still thinks the world’s not changing (and needs our help) is really fooling themselves.

4. dan jeffers says:

Okay then. I’ll quit hitting refresh.

5. Tim F. says:

Doh. Jonathan Mayer just slayed you and Google. Hope you do a little reading on your vacation.

6. J.G. Sandom says:

No wonder you had no time for MBox.  Now I get it!  Well, at least you’ve got your priorities straight these days, John.