free html hit counter SMX West Thursday Morning - John Battelle's Search Blog

SMX West Thursday Morning

By - February 11, 2009

I’ll be at the other end of the interview schtick Thursday morning when Danny Sullivan puts me on the hot seat in a keynote interview at his SMX West event.

Danny and I want to know: What should we talk about? What do you want to hear me opine upon? I’ll write up the interview here afterwards.

9 thoughts on “SMX West Thursday Morning

1. Where do you think the Web is going, and do you see any new technologies emerging which might augment the Internet services we now routinely use (email, news groups, Web, chat, etc.)?

2. Omar Khan says:

It might be interesting to hear about whether Adsense Revenue is really declining, as we see in some sites and from anecdotes from others, especially on content-heavy sites. This is a long-tem decline and might have to do with better optimization, but also economic conditions.

Another possible factor to ask him about might be Wikipedia, which is crawling to the top for so many searches, possibly displacing sites with Adsense ads on them that would otherwise get the traffic.

3. I second Omar’s question about Adsense. I am hearing similar stories from a lot of our clients (Disclaimer: Which is great news for Chitika of course!) — but it would be great to hear your thoughts on this issue.

4. nmw says:

:) nmw

5. sosComputer says:

This is very good question!
    “How will people search for information online (using Internet/Web) once they get over their addiction to Google?”

6. Jonas says:

I’d be interested in how social media technologies are effect organic SEO, and how publishers can stay ahead of the game. Additionally, will these platforms (ie. twitter, widgets, etc…) help to lessen a sites dependence on Google or simply make Google search stronger.

7. Bobby Kelly says:

I’d like to hear your thoughts on:

The camera as an input device for search.
    (You can request multiple layers of information with a captioned, GPS tagged photo.)

Is there a “browser war” type of battle brewing with image recognition software (bar codes, logos) on mobiles?

8. dinesh vadhia says:

could i leave a message for the user “nmw” to ask him/her to contact me on dineshbvadhia at hotmail dot com. thank-you!

dinesh

9. Also: Where is search advertising going next ? (Hat tip to you: You were RIGHT on the money in Jan 2008 with your “second click” prediction)