free html hit counter Note: @ComcastCares Is How All Customer Service Should Be Done. - John Battelle's Search Blog

6 thoughts on “Note: @ComcastCares Is How All Customer Service Should Be Done.

1. Dave says:

Comcast utilizing Twitter to solve problems is awesome! Customer No Service never showed, waited all day. Reschedule was 3 days away. I put up a tweet. In less than 1 hour the appointment was scheduled the next morning. One of the greatest technological implements of communication with a customer base.

Dave

2. Andy says:

I completely agree. Our internet went down at home, so I tweeted about it. Within an hour @comcastcares had messaged me and asked to look into the problem.

I gave them my info, they looked up my situation, had a tech call me and walked me through steps to resolve. When that didn’t work they had someone out to the house the next day to fix it.

Not once did I sit on hold listening to annoying elevator music.

Bravo Comcast!

3. Brian says:

I don’t think Twitter’s a particularly ideal forum for customer service. The difference with @comcastcares is that you reach intelligent people who want to and are able to help, which is all too often not the case with the standard customer support numbers.

@comcastcares would be unneccessary and uninteresting if Comcast’s traditional support channels weren’t so terrible so often.

4. oyun says:

5. Haber says:

Thanks you very much. This is Interesting comment.

6. nmw says:

John,

I tried this out with Google (@MattCutts) — but so far the response has been rather lethargic.

Matt asked me to created a blog post and also to explain which domains had been deleted from Google’s index by some heretofore unexplained and/or mysterious error.

Slowly but surely this is turning into an EPIC FAIL for Google.

I didn’t ever expect to be so poorly treated by asking for help via twitter. I feel like I am being put on hold.

At least I don’t have t listen to elevator music (I have my own music ;) — but still: the entire ordeal feels like ARGH and :S ….

:| nmw