free html hit counter FM Partners with Outside Lands | John Battelle's Search Blog

FM Partners with Outside Lands

By - June 04, 2008

Ol Logo

Those of you who read this site regularly know I’ve talked about how much I love Bonnaroo, and how excited I am that the producers of that event (which, yes, I am going to again next week) are producing Outside Lands here in my backyard. I mean, it’s only the first time in history that a band is playing at night (three days and nights!) in Golden Gate Park, and oh, by the way, it’s Radiohead. And Wilco. And Beck. And Broken Social Scene. And Jackie Greene. And Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Tom Petty and Jack Johnson and Steve Winwood and Primus and Ben Harper and Steel Pulse and ….anyway.

Well, more coolness. My company, FM, has struck a deal with the producers of Outside Lands. We are partnering to create a collective, crowdsourced media campfire of sorts before, during, and after the festival. It’s called CrowdFire, and it’s going to be very, very cool. More when we’re ready to talk more about it, but it’s a merging of the human, physical energy of a music festival with the human, virtual energy of conversational media. I’m really stoked to be working with these guys, they are total princes. When work = fun, life is good.

9 thoughts on “FM Partners with Outside Lands

1. tim street says:

That’s very cool.

Wish I could be there for that one.

Best of luck.

Are you going to make Neil sell sponsorships? :P

2. nmw says:

What? No EC?!?

Come on, John — you can do better than *that*!

;D nmw

3. Joel says:

Nice. I would love to see many of those bands.

4. That sounds simply amazing! Congrats on being able to do what you absolutely LOVE!

5. Ed Bott says:

So, do your FM partner sites get tickets to the show?

Please?????

6. ildvr says:

what the great names! i’d love to be with you in Golden Gate Park. Nice place too.

7. Steve Nelson says:

I took my son to Bonnaroo two years ago for a surprise high school graduation present and I’ve been trying to get back each year but something always seems to come up. It was one of the best of times, and I hope you have a great time this year.

Oh, you should take a side trip if you have a chance, and visit a fainting goat farm. That was also a highlight.

8. fitz flynn says:

i likes the tent they did at bonaroo a few years ago and still might do. It was a silent dance party and people got to check into some headphones and dance. Everyone was listening to their own music and grooving. More fun than the chill out rooms/tents ever could be.

9. Fitz, that’s called the Silent Disco and they do it each year, I think they’ll do it again this year. It IS very cool.