free html hit counter Move On Moves Into Facebook: Privacy - John Battelle's Search Blog

Move On Moves Into Facebook: Privacy

By - November 21, 2007

How do you all feel about Facebook’s new platform? Are you using it? Move On isn’t so pleased.

8 thoughts on “Move On Moves Into Facebook: Privacy

1. Michael Buckbee says:

I think that the FaceBook “Beacon” should really be more explicitly opt-in, both in your profile and individual vendors.

In its current state it’s the e commerce equivalent of an already checked box for “allow partner companies to spam you with offers”: annoying and low-value.

2. Devan says:

I canceled my Facebook account after their new ‘Beacon’ service was introduced. I can’t run the risk of some purchase, personal information or other information I can’t foresee being broadcast to my Facebook network. In any case, even if I was careful enough to not let that happen (though I doubt one can be 100% sure), I would cancel my account principle.

3. nmw says:

It seems (to me) that users didn’t understand what they were doing — much like spilling hot coffee on your own lap.

4. Gazeteler says:

@Devan, thinking same with you. i canceled my Facebook account too. i dont understand what they want to do.

5. Rodrigo says:

Jesus! we have no more privacity in this cyber world? Everybody is trying to know more and more about us, using illegal instruments and violating our space….

6. Sergey Rusak says:

I don’t know what FaceBook are trying to do… Zuckerman probably think that he is god or he just became “greedy” for money.

7. Steps To Success says:

FaceBook made me know alot of contact there.. Well we can promote ourself use FaceBook.. It realy works..

STEPS TO SUCCESS
    Han Foong

8. Life Design says:

This seems to be the top of the slippery slope: lots of disgruntled comments about FaceBook server lag and applications failing are getting lounder post ad platform launch