free html hit counter First Voice Post: Thoughts on Web 2, Google and Auction Game Theory - John Battelle's Search Blog

16 thoughts on “First Voice Post: Thoughts on Web 2, Google and Auction Game Theory

1. Hashem Bajwa says:

Good to hear your voice John. I hope voice posts become something useful to people, another choice in their array of content options. Thanks.

2. Joe says:

The voice post was great. As well as the ability to add links like you suggested, the ability to have content-relevant adverts would also be cool.

3. SorenG says:

Came through crystal clear to me. Though this way must be hard to edit, and make a clean announcement. But my guess is with practice, one may be able to do voice as fast as writing.

4. dan says:

like vlogs, audio posts arent very easy for me to read consume on the go… or to read consume at work… etc. I like to read because i can get the info in a short timeframe at my own pace. *sigh*

5. Raine says:

I like the idea of having the personal touch of someone’s voice. V. cool.

6. Matt Mcfalling says:

Hey John,

Awesome idea, and really enjoy listening to your lastest blog!

That was a lot of fun, and great information. This is a great idea and could or would you call this a vlog?

Just wondering

Matt Mcfalling

7. Ashley says:

Hello John,

As much as I’m glad to find that you are not leaving your readers/audience until your disability is cured, I find voice posts rather inaccessible. For example, one can’t get an overall idea of the post by glancing across a paragraph or two, can’t post links/images/videos as you mentioned, etc.

I would suggest speech recognition to solve this dilemma to an extent, even though linking or posting images/videos would still require you to type the url in..

Ashley.

8. ariel seidman says:

enjoy the voice post — keep em’ coming.
    why you ask? — multitasking.

9. Janarthan says:

I have been following your blog for some time now. Voice posting is a first (Is it?) and it is cool. Well done John and well done HP.

10. Abhishek Tiwari says:

John,

Can you please configure this post to show up as a podcast?
    So I can use my netvibes directly to play this or ofcourse download it to iTunes.

Thanks,
    Abhishek

By the way read my Google post here:

11. Mike says:

awesome. i can play this in the background while still achieving some work. how about another post on your facebook blurb? it’s at 48 comments! would love to hear some updates/thoughts.

12. Suresh says:

Thank you John.
    Simple and nice Voice Posting. Love to hear from you more. I do once in a while do a video and audio podcast about cooking, Just for fun
    Suresh

13. paul canning says:

noticed that the voice post is postable elsewhere – tried it and it works but not publishing – and assuming I couldn’t as it’s sponsored by HP. does the creative commons license cover that?

great to hear you, sounds like a very practical idea as well. only comments would be that it’ll get more polished ;] you ‘erm’ a lot and your top-n-tail could be better.

all the best

14. Ben says:

Do you have to have an HP phone to do this sort of voice-posting on a blog?

I don’t like the look of their handsets much and wondered if I could do the same with a Nokia or something?

It’s a great way to add a personal touch to a blog though – I’d been wondering what all this HP ‘personal again’ stuff was about. Is it just a line or is it about features in their technology?

15. mark davey says:

If you are going to be doing a lot of voice posts I guess you will need an Edirol R-09 (By Roalnd) 24 bit wave /MP3 recorder with built in stereo mics. It runs on AA batteries and uses usb 2.0 It is a tough bit of kit. Available from http://www.calumetphoto.com or .co.uk where I work of course!

16. gazeteler says:

That is a great news. Thanks