Man. Google is such a cool name. This is such a lame one:
Google Docs & Spreadsheets is a web-based word-processing and spreadsheet product that makes it easier for people to create, manage, and share documents and spreadsheets online. Google Docs & Spreadsheets integrates Writely and Google Spreadsheets into a single, easy-to-use product that takes an innovative approach to a very specific problem in the productivity-software space: enabling people to manage and collaborate on the documents and spreadsheets they rely on in their personal and professional lives, no matter where they are or when they need to access them.
With Google Docs & Spreadsheets, Google is taking a set of important tasks and offering an online solution to completing them individually or with a broader group. With a Google Account, a compatible web browser, and an Internet connection, users will now easily be able to:
– Create documents and spreadsheets, and then manage and access them in a single, secure location
– Easily collaborate with others, online and in real time
– Export to and import from a wide variety of file formats
– Share them with others as view-only
– Publish them to a blog or as an HTML page
Simply put, Google Docs & Spreadsheets is focused on providing users with an innovative and efficient way to create and share information on the Web.
But not a lame idea, certainly. I can’t wait for my visit to Microsoft later this month!