Google is currently offering premium videos free as a pilot for content sponsorship. Only a small number of advertisers and media publishers are participating in this limited trial. The ads run at the end of the videos and Google says user-generated content will remain ad-free.
How it works (from Google):
1. Advertisers select and bid to sponsor individual videos.
2. The winning bidders for each video are promoted in three ways:
– The ability to run a 15-30 second post-roll video ad
– Persistent branding while the video is playing through a text and icon above the video player
– A listing on the sponsored videos page
3. If a user navigates to one of the sponsored videos, we only show the in-stream video ad once the video has finished playing. If the user clicks the text, logo or visible URL above the video window, they will be taken to the advertiser’s site.
4. At the conclusion of the campaign, the advertiser will receive stats on the performance of his/her campaign.