free html hit counter Safa on GOOG: It'll Hit 300 | John Battelle's Search Blog

Safa on GOOG: It'll Hit 300

By - May 31, 2005

Goog266Last month Safa Rashtchy of Piper predicted GOOG would hit 250, then he revised to 275. Now he’s saying 300. I get his reports in email, and he has not uploaded this one to the web yet, but in short, he notes Google’s expanded product offerings and upgraded ad networks as signs the company will continue to beat Wall St. estimates.

11 thoughts on “Safa on GOOG: It'll Hit 300

1. Andy Rathbun says:

Mr Battelle – I’m a writer with New York’s Newsday. I was just assigned to write an article on the current crop of Google books, and had hoped to include your book, “The Search,” in the piece.

Please contact me at my e-mail address ASAP so we can set up a time to discuss your work.

Thanks!

2. Brian says:

It’s already up to 273 based on your speculation =)

3. Actually, the expanded product line would be a reason for the stock price to drop, since profit margins are bound to be substantially lower (if not negative) outside search.

4. Joe says:

John – I think you need to make the Newsday guy work a little hard on the research side. For example your contact info is up on the site, he would have to be spend the time looking for it (not exactly in-depth investigative journalism), then he wouldn’t need to just randomly post.

5. Hmmm! How soon we forget Yahoo! will hit 500. It only took 5 years. I don’t even remember that stock analysts name anymore.

6. Brian says:

287…I predict GOOG will hit 323

7. T-Bond says:

GOOG’s business is growing by leaps and bounds and the market is on fire. This combination means the stock probably will go to 500. Do you remember how YHOO soared when it became clear it would be included in the S&P 500?

The interesting possibility is that the stock will be worth 500. Every 20 years of so a super stock comes along. Xerox and MSFT come to mind. I plan to sell about half my GOOG if it is included in the S&P.

8. çeviri says:

9. sahibinden says:

Hmmm! How soon we forget Yahoo! will hit 500. It only took 5 years. I don’t even remember that stock analysts name anymore. :) http://www.emlaksahibi.com

10. tercüme says: